About North Shore Economic Vitality Partnership
The North Shore Economic Vitality Partnership (North Shore EVP), was formed in 2015 as a result of a comprehensive, community-based economic analysis that included the identification of regional opportunities and the formation of Action Teams around each opportunity. We learned that for these Action Teams to be successful they needed organizational and administrative support, strategic planning assistance and fundraising expertise and guidance. North Shore EVP, as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, will work with these community leaders to analyze their projects and develop realistic strategic plans that will bring them to fruition. North Shore EVP is uniquely positioned to build new civic leadership, strengthen communication and collaboration, and community engagement across O’ahu’s North Shore.
GroupGAP Farmer Training Course
North Shore EVP is an officially recognized USDA GroupGAP Partnership; the first in Hawai’i! Our second cohort begins meeting August 31, 2018.
The course includes:
- Instruction on Good Agricultural Practices in a class setting with other farmers or interactive online attendance options for those in remote areas or unable to travel;
- Farm food safety assessment: we come to your farm to assist & work with you on an individual basis to create a customized Farm Food Safety Plan for your farm’s future!
- Quality Management System manuals & guidelines for you & your farmers
- GAP Certification through our affordable USDA GroupGAP Program
HAWAI‘I FARMERS, you may wish to join a future cohort if:
- You are looking to expand your farm production, but you’re not sure where to start,
- You are interested in becoming Food Safety Certified,
- You need to prepare for FMSA compliance,
- You are eager to access new markets & increase your sales.
If you have questions about our program or how you can join a future cohort, please contact our Food Safety Director Lisa Rhoden at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 343-8196.
December 10, 2018: Expert Panel: USDA GroupGAP & FSMA Compliance in Hawaii
Make plans to visit with our Federal and State food safety partners about GroupGAP and learn how this new USDA food safety certification program is being deployed in Hawaii to assist small farms, value-added producers, distributors and retailers. USDA Audit Programs Coordinator Audrey Draper and Hawaii Department of Agriculture Food Safety Program Manager Luisa Castro will share their knowledge about Food Safety & Modernization Act (FSMA) compliance and how GroupGAP is particularly well suited for adoption in Hawaii. December 10, 2018: Time & Location TBD
The Developing A Shared Agenda economic analysis of the North Shore region and the subsequent engagement of key members of the regional agriculture community led to the identification of a Food Hub and Learning Center (FHLC) as critical infrastructure required to support the growth and sustainability of small farms.
Our mission is to improve communication, networking and civic and civil engagement across the communities of the North Shore. We promote community-driven solutions that integrate both our traditional strengths in agriculture, manufacturing and hospitality with new opportunities to build a strong and resilient economic foundation for the region.
Our vision for the North Shore is to enhance economic vitality by using and integrating existing assets, including people, to generate new jobs and new economic opportunities that will contribute to the growth and sustainability of healthy and vibrant communities. We believe economic growth from within our communities can improve our quality of life, protect the environment, and preserve the rural character and cultural significance of the North Shore region.
You are invited to examine our work and submit your own comments and ideas about the future of the North Shore.
Please consider sponsoring a farmer in support the NSEVP programs by donating through Amazon Smile or PayPal Donate.
Support North Shore EVP every time you shop at Amazon.com. Use your current Amazon login at AmazonSmile to access the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to North Shore EVP!
How to Donate
- Visit www.AmazonSmile.com and login to your Amazon account. (Or click the AmazonSmile icon below.)
- On your first visit to AmazonSmile, select North Shore EVP to receive donations from eligible purchases.
- Remember to login via www.amazonsmile.com each time you shop on Amazon!